This article is for SI5.5 users who have received an error message attempting to start QuickLinks from anywhere in SI5.5, and describes how to quickly resolve the error.
If you have received one, or both, of the following messages:
Could not load file or assembly ‘Interop.QBFC7, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31d8aec643e18259’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specifiec.
Desription: Could not load file or assembly ‘Interop.QuickLinks, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=15fb7b3e370e8a6a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
This article explains how to quickly restore QuickLinks functionality. The errors above are the result of the QuickLinks modules not being installed during the install or upgrade. This is easily corrected by:
- Go to the Windows control panel.
- XP users select Add Remove Programs. Vista users select Programs and Features.
- Select the entry titled System Integrator 5.5.
- Click the “Change” button.
- The System Integrator 5.5 installer will run.
- Click Next
- On the screen titled “Modify, Repair or Remove Installation” click Modify.
- The Custom Setup screen will display (Fig 1).
- Click the arrow next to the option label QuickLinks.
- In the drop down list, select “Will be installed on local hard drive”(Fig. 2).
- Ensure that the QuickLinks option is displayed as in the screen shot below(Fig 3).
- Click Next.
- On the screen titlted “Ready to Install” click install to add the QuickLinks component.
If this Quick Tip doesn’t solve your problem, please contact D-Tools Technical Support by calling +1 (925) 681-2326 and select option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.