New: Lutron Radio Powr Savr® Occupancy/Vacancy Sensor
Saves Time and Energy— Easy to Install Device for Easy Energy Savings Featured at Lightfair 2011—
Lutron has enhanced the aesthetics of the award-winning Radio Powr Savr ceiling-mount occupancy/ vacancy sensor.
The new version of the wireless sensor possesses a smaller form factor and the ability to be recess mounted (mounting bracket sold separately). The sensor diameter measures just 3.57’’, a reduction of nearly 0.5” from the original version. The updated aesthetic assists in minimizing the visual impact of the sensor.
In conjunction, Lutron is proud to announce a reduction in price to the Radio Powr Savr ceiling-mount occupancy/vacancy sensor. The new suggested retail price for this wireless sensor is now $85, representing a $45 discount. This sensor model will continue to offer the same benefits and features that it previously provided, only at a lower cost and in a smaller package.
- 10 year battery life
- 360 degree field of view, coverage ranges from 324 sq. ft. to 676 sq. ft.
- Ability to customize timeout to 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes
- Lutron exclusive XCT technology takes measurements in a totally new way, dramatically improving the performance of passive infrared sensors
- Clear Connect Radio Frequency (RF) technology ensures reliable, consistent wireless performance
- Saves energy – automatically turn lights off when room is unoccupied
- Easy to install – requires no wiring and offers test modes to verify ideal coverage location
- Delivers reliable lighting performance – XCT and Clear Connect RF technology
Compatible Lutron systems:
- Maestro Wireless®
- Stairwell Retrofit Solution
- Energi TriPak
- RadioRa® 2
- Grafik Eye® QS Wireless
- Energi Savr Node® with QS sensor module
- Homeworks® QS
- Quantum® with QS sensor module
Providing a simple way to go green, this innovative sensor is specifically designed for easy installation in conference rooms, copy rooms, small offices, hallways, classrooms, living rooms, bedrooms, restrooms, and other spaces where automatic lighting shut-off is desirable.
New: Lutron Energi TriPakTM—Simple, cost-effective energy-saving solutions—
Lutron is proud to introduce the new Energi TriPak product family.
The Energi TriPak family features the following attributes:
- Saves energy by utilizing occupancy sensing, daylight harvesting, personal control, and high-end trim
- Easy to install, ideal for retrofit applications
- Simple button-press programming
- Works right out of the box
- Communicaties wirelessly via Lutron reliable Clear ConnectTM Radio Frequency (RF) technology
Components to sense, adjust and conserve:
- Sense—Radio Powr Savr® wireless sensors: occupancy/vacancy sensor and daylight sensor
- Adjust—Pico® wireless controls
- Conserve—Maestro Wireless®: dimmer, switch, and lamp dimmer; PowPak® load controllers: dimming module with EcoSystem®, relay module with Softswitch®, CCO module, plug-in dimming module and plug-in appliance module.
Energi TriPak provides a control solution for almost any single area application. Load controllers are available to dim or switch the majority of load types, from an incandescent table lamp to an EcoSystem digital dimming ballast. Form factors include in-wall, plug-in or junction box mounted devices. In addition, the Pico wireless controls are available in multiple button configurations and can be utilized as a handheld, wall-mount or table top control. The Radio Powr Savr occupancy/vacancy sensor is available in both ceiling-mount and wall-mount options allowing for optimum sensing coverage. The enhanced aesthetics of the ceiling-mount sensor minimizes its visual impact.
The Energi TriPak product family is a simple, cost-effective energy-saving light control retrofit solution. This product family provides the ability to choose the components that meet your project needs and create the best light control solution for that space. The family of wireless load controllers, sensors and controls communicate via radio frequency, allowing the system to be easily installed without the need for sophisticated programming or additional wiring. These solutions are ideal for commercial spaces like classrooms, private offices, conference rooms and common areas, such as bathrooms, storage areas and utility rooms.
New: Lutron Introduces PowPak Load Controllers —Cost–effective, energy-saving control solutions for single spaces—
Lutron is proud to introduce new PowPak load controllers. These innovative control devices mount to a junction box or lighting fixture, and communicate with Radio Powr Savr® (RPS) sensors and Pico® wireless controls via Lutron reliable Clear Connect™ Radio Frequency (RF) technology. They are part of the new Energi TriPak® family of products that sense, control and adjust to save energy in a space.
The PowPak load controllers’ benefits:
- Easy Installation: All points of control are wireless, reducing installation time and labor costs
- Simple Set-up: Button-press programming, no commissioning required
- Energy-Saving: Provides the ability to save up to 60% of lighting energy
The PowPak load controllers are available in control options:
- PowPak dimming module with EcoSystem®—A wireless control that operates up to 32 EcoSystem, EcoSystem H-Series, or Hi-lume® 3D ballasts or Hi-lume A-Series LED drivers. The PowPak dimming module with EcoSystem provides the ability to easily configure lighting zones making it ideal for applications that require space flexibility.
- PowPak relay module with Softswitch®—A wireless control that utilizes Lutron patented Softswitch technology to control up to 16A of general purpose load. In addition, a low-voltage dry contact closure output is available to integrate with 3rd party systems, such as HVAC controllers and building management systems.
- PowPak CCO module—A low-voltage wireless control that provides a single dry contact closure output. The PowPak CCO module wires to 24VAC or 24VDC for easy connection to HVAC and other 3rd party systems.
PowPak load controllers install easily to a standard junction box knock-out and communicate to Radio Powr Savr sensors and Pico wireless controls. Occupancy/vacancy sensors automatically control lights based on user presence, while Pico controls allow users to customize their lighting at the touch of a button. Daylight sensors further increase energy savings by reducing electricity consumption when sufficient daylight is available. The PowPak load controllers are ideal for retrofit applications of classrooms, private offices, conference rooms and other single area spaces that are looking for a cost-effective solution to lighting control. In addition, the PowPak® load controllers provide the opportunity to meet or contribute to national or regional codes and standards.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com)
Lutron Electronics, headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, designs and manufactures energy-saving lighting controls, automated window treatments and appliance modules for both residential and commercial applications. Its innovative, intuitive products can be used to control everything from a single light, to every light, shade and even stand-by power in a home or commercial building. Lutron products make any space more versatile, while enhancing ambiance, comfort and productivity. They also save energy and make light bulbs last longer, making them an eco-friendly addition to the home and workplace. Founded in 1961, Lutron estimates that the installed base of its products saves the nation nearly 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. Lutron manufactures more than 16,000 energy-saving products, sold in more than 100 countries around the world.