D-Tools MVP manufacturers realize the importance of bringing you their product information and have chosen to support the D-Tools user community by joining the program and making their product data directly available through D-Tools SI software. Read on for the latest manufacturer news and product updates.
Atlona Technologies Extends International Presence at Infocomm Mexico
Visit Atlona Technologies at booth #32 to see their latest solution based innovations for the System Integrators in the AV industry.
Date:August 11 – 12, 2011
Location: World Trade Center Convention Center
Filadelfia s/n, Colonia Napoles Mexico DF, Mexico
For for informaton, visit www.atlona.com or http://www.infocomm.org/cps/rde/xchg/infocomm/hs.xsl/6983.htm
Project Editor 1.4 Released
The release of Project Editor 1.4 adds many new features.
- Script Devices – The new Script Device type is used to define functions and feedback expressions for two-way devices.
- BC4X1 Feedback – Display BC4X1 feedback (temperature, inputs, relays, and user variables) on GUI items.
New GUI Elements
- Panels – The new Panel item is a static image, useful for creating layers above the background and below labels and buttons.
New GUI Navigation options
- URL Schemes – URL Schemes allow one app to launch another app on Apple iOS devices. With this new feature, a GUI button in BitWise Touch can be used to launch any other app that has published a URL Scheme.
- “Please Wait” Page Jumps – Installers can now create delayed page jumps for activity buttons and animated “please wait” screens.
GUI Editor Enhancements
- Additional Alignment Tools – Added “Align By Center” to align a group of selected items by the target item’s center (horizontal or vertical).
- New Alignment “Target” Behavior – The item that was right-clicked to bring up the alignment context menu will be used as the alignment target.
- Item Centering – Selected GUI items can now be automatically centered on the page, (horizontal or vertical).
- Item Spacing – A group of selected items can now be automatically spaced evenly (horizontal or vertical).
- Copy/Paste Enhancements – Items pasted via Ctrl-V will be pasted with the exact coordinates they were copied from. Items pasted via right-click context menu will be pasted using the coordinates of the right-click on the background.
- GUI Item “ToolTips” – Hovering over a GUI item will display a small popup, allowing the installer to view certain properties without opening the item properties window.
Additional Macro Triggers
- Page Macros – A macro can be triggered any time a specific GUI Page is loaded.
- App Macro – A macro can be triggered when the BitWise Touch app is first launched.
Project Editor Enhancements
- Enhanced GUI Button Action Population – Installers can now populate GUI button actions without needing to open the page in the GUI Editor. Simply drag/drop a device onto the GUI Group in the Project Tree to populate commands for the entire group (such as volume), or drop a device onto a GUI page in the project tree to populate that page with device commands. Commands are dropped based on button command tags or button label text.
- Improved Pronto Hex conversion – Specifically for shorter codes, or Pronto Hex that is missing “one-shot” IR data, including many Sony devices.
- New Project File Format – New “.bwe” project files include all required GUI image files, and embedded scripts. This makes project files much more portable. Existing .bwp project files can be saved as .bwe files.
- Language & localization – Improved language/localization support for generated GUI files.
How do I get Project Eitor 1.4?
You won’t see a live update button in Project Editor 1.3 because there are a few things to be aware of before upgrading the software.
- View the Project Editor 1.4 New Features Recording.
- Go to the Downloads Section of the support forum (Login Required).
You will also find several useful tech notes in the downloads area
FSR Names The Farm “Super Rep of the Year”
FSR, manufacturer of audio and video switching, control products, and connectivity boxes, has singled out The Farm as “Super Rep of the Year” for outstanding performance in all three categories: Metal, Electronics, and Matrix. The annual honor was bestowed upon the Northern California firm at FSR’s Representative meeting during InfoComm 2011 in Orlando, Florida.
“Criteria for ‘Rep of the year’ is based upon performance versus quota,” explained Jan Sandri, FSR’s president. “And while all our representatives are exceptional and we are fortunate to work with all of them, this year The Farm nailed it in every category. We are very pleased to consider them an important part of the FSR family.”
The Farm is a professional manufacturers representative firm specializing in technical sales and marketing of high quality commercial AV products. The Company ranks service and support as its primary goals and serves as the local resource to consultants, contractors and dealers
“We’re delighted to have our efforts acknowledged with this honor,” stated John Hood, principle at The Farm. FSR’s commitment to produce quality and value-laden products mirrors our mission to provide our customers with the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.”
“The Farm is determined to create a smooth interface between us – the manufacturer, and the consultant dealer, and end-user,” Sandri added. “Judging by this year’s results they’ve achieved their goal!”
FSR, established in 1981, manufactures a wide variety of products for the audio / video, education, hospitality, government, and religious markets, including AV floor, wall, table, and ceiling connectivity boxes, as well as a full line of interfaces, distribution amplifiers, matrix switchers, seamless switchers and CAT-5 solutions.
All FSR products are designed and manufactured in its Woodland Park, NJ facility. The company is an Energy Star Partner and complies with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to demonstrate its deep commitment to preserving the planet. FSR offers live 24/7 technical and sales support throughout the country from expertly trained technicians and sales representatives. For more information: www.fsrinc.com.
HAI Dock for Multi-Room Audio Systems Now Shipping
Home Automation, Inc. (HAI), the leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, announced today that an iPod/iPhone compatible dock has been released for the Hi-Fi 2 and HAI Connectivity Partner distributed audio systems.
The HAI Dock is designed for use with the Hi-Fi 2 Multi Room Audio System or a supported audio system from NuVo, Russound, Xantech, Speakercraft, and Proficient. The Dock enables an iPod or iPhone to become a source that can be played in any audio zone. The HAI Dock allows IP enabled devices to navigate and browse the music library on the iPod by playlists, artists, albums, songs, podcasts, genres, composers, and audiobooks.
The Dock will send metadata (e.g. playlist, genre, artist, album, and track, etc.) to HAI IP enabled OmniTouch Touchscreens and the Hi-Fi 2’s Volume Source Control. From those devices, homeowners can send control commands (play, pause, stop, next track, previous track, rewind, fast forward, next chapter, previous chapter, etc.) to the iPod that is in the dock. Album art is also displayed as a thumbnail on the HAI IP OmniTouch Touchscreens.
The Dock is available in wired or wireless versions, and supports iPhone (1st, 3G, 3GS, 4G), iPod Touch (1st, 2G, 3G, 4G), iPod Nano (3G, 4G, 5G, 6G), and iPod Classic. When docked, the Apple device not only communicates, but also charges. Up to 8 Docks can be connected and controlled on a network.
“This device lets homeowners easily share their constantly updating music library, including playlists, podcasts and audiobooks,” explained HAI Director of Technical Services, Scott Dudoussat. “Having the metadata displayed on HAI Touchscreens, including album art and track information, is a really cool feature that homeowners will love.”
All HAI Dock products are now shipping, including HAI Dock-Wired, US (HAI Part Number 96A00-1); HAI Dock-Wireless, US (HAI Part Number 96A00-2); HAI Dock-Wired, EU (HAI Part Number 96A00-3); HAI Dock-Wireless, EU (HAI Part Number 96A00-4); Replacement US Power Supply (HAI Part Number 96A01-1); and Replacement EU Power Supply (HAI Part Number 96A01-2).
HAI products are available through a worldwide network of Distributors and installing Dealers in over 80 countries. For more information, please visit HAI’s website, www.homeauto.com or a printed copy can be ordered by calling (800) 229-7256, x 226, or emailing email@example.com.
About HAI (www.homeauto.com): HAI (Home Automation, Inc.) is a privately held manufacturer of integrated automation and security products for residential and commercial use based in New Orleans, LA. Incorporated in 1985, HAI has developed a full line of award-winning automation products, including home control systems, programmable communicating thermostats, smart light switches, Whole Home Audio systems, video surveillance equipment, access control products, Touchscreen interfaces, and software that allows access and control of an automation system over the Internet. All products are sold through HAI’s worldwide network of Distribution Partners and installed by trained dealers in over 80 countries.
Lowell Introduces LXR Rack with AV Bundle
Lowell Manufacturing recently announced that they have introduced a bundled version of their new LXR-series floor rack. The LXR is an open-frame rack with a slim (19.2”W) footprint that’s designed to accommodate electronics, while requiring a minimum amount of floor space. The LXR can be purchased individually (shipped as a knocked-down rack) or pre-configured with an AV bundle. The bundled version ships pre-assembled with rack shelves, vented panels, a 15A power strip, vertical cable manager, and swivel casters made to protect fine-floors like wood, marble and tile. The LXR bundled rack is available in 14, 30 or 38 rack units with 21-inch depth. It’s made in the U.S.A. with 100% certified U.S. steel, for strength and durability, and has a black powder epoxy finish. The rack will be on display at CEDIA Booth No. 3933.
Web page: http://www.lowellmfg.com/racks-LXR.html
MEDIA DÉCOR NEW PRODUCT RELEASE FOR CEDIA 2011
THE ALLURE MOVING ART SERIES
Introducing iColor Frames
Media Decor, the leading manufacturer of elegant solutions to discreetly conceal flat screen TVs will exhibit the new Allure Moving Art Series with iColor frames at CEDIA 2011, booth number 3941.
Media Décor’s new Allure motorized art system will also be on display at Lutron’s booth # 4324.
Less bulky, the ultra thin TV no longer needs to be recessed in the wall. However, aesthetically, the black, glass and metal rectangle still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of décor.
Media Décor’s new Allure Moving Art Series offers a simple but stunning solution to hiding that ever thinner flat panel on the wall.
The Allure’s clean, contemporary lines are complemented by an endless choice of frame colors. The high gloss, lacquer-like finish can be Apple Green to Zebra Black (or White) and any color in-between. Use Media Décor’s free app download for iPhone, Blackberry or Android Smartphone to automatically select a color that matches or compliments any color you choose. Alternatively, send us a color chip, fabric swatch, color code number, anything, and we will match it.
The shadow box frame that houses the structure, art and motor is only three inches wide and has a return to the wall of three inches. Essentially a “Finished Corner” frame there are no visible mitered corners or seams and all visible surfaces, including the interior metal structure, are one color.
Installation is easy. Z-Extrusion hardware (included) simply mounts the unit directly to the wall over the TV. Powered by a Lutron Sivoia® Electronic Drive Unit with a noise level of <44dBA the artwork silently rolls up when the TV is on. With the TV off and the artwork down it is impossible to tell that there is a TV in the room!
Chose from Media Décor’s vast selection of over 2,000 fine art and photography images ranging from Contemporary to Classical. Media Decor can also reproduce a customer’s high-resolution digital image of an original painting, family portrait, photograph, or company logo, and more. You can even have an artist of your choice paint the image, we supply the canvas, for a truly original piece.
The Allure adds another much needed dimension to Media Décor’s existing line of motorized art models. The Elite and the Illusion, in Standard and Razor versions, are still available for surface and recess mounted TV’s. Media Décor offers the widest selection of art and frames. With TV Mirrors and Art Lifts, no one offers more choice of solutions for concealing flat panels.
Intended for wall mounted applications where the TV and mount depth does not exceed 1.875”. Pricing starts at $6,700 for a 42” model.