D-Tools MVP Manufacturer Partners realize the importance of bringing you their product information and have chosen to support the D-Tools user community by joining the program and making their product data directly available through D-Tools SI software. Read on for the latest manufacturer company news and product updates.
New All-In-One Presentation Switcher with Everything You Need to Control the Room in a 3U Chassis
The Enova DVX-3150HD was designed to dramatically simplify AV control and distribution in medium and large conference rooms, classrooms and auditoriums. Designed to be a future proof solution, it combines a matrix switcher, scaler, signal converter, amplifier with professional grade DSP and a full onboard central controller – all in a single, compact 3U chassis. Easily integrate HDCP into system designs and enjoy hassle free plug-and-play operation with no tools, no delays, and no key constraints. Take a video tour of the Enova DVX-3150HD and then get an inside look at everything the DVX has to offer.
- HDMI/HDCP Switching with Simplicity of Analog – End-to-end distribution of HDMI/HDCP without interruption or key constraints using InstaGate Pro Technology
- Matrix Switching – Freely route any input to any or all outputs without blocking – 10×4 video switcher and 14×4 audio switcher with audio breakaway
- SmartScale Technology – Automatically scales video to the best resolution and video parameters for that display without manual setup; preventing inferior video quality when sources are forced to lowest common resolutions
- AV and Control Over Twisted Pair – Send audio, video, bi-directional control and Ethernet up to 100m over one standard twisted pair cable
- Analog to Digital Video Conversion With Scaled Outputs – Converts any source to digital and uses SmartScale Technology to automatically output video that is perfectly scaled for each connected display
Anthony Gallo Acoustics has been manufacturing high-end, affordable speakers since 1994. Until the recent unveiling of the new Classico line of wood box loudspeakers, Anthony Gallo’s speaker designs were based on spherical enclosures. Our ability to get big, clear sound with tight bass from small speakers has been a trademark that’s won Anthony Gallo Acoustics numerous awards, including The Absolute Sound’s “Overall Product of the Year” for the Reference 3 in 2004.
The most recent technological breakthroughs for Anthony Gallo Acoustics have been the engineering of the OPT Level 1, 2 and BLAST. Optimized Pulse Technology, which was first developed for the Strada, syncs the low, middle and high frequencies so that they are firing at the same time, creating a lifelike sound not found in speakers in this price range. OPT Level 2 was created for the Reference 3.5 loudspeaker, and it is a dielectric absorption countermeasure that takes out the static electricity that can build up in a system. Backwave Linearization and Synchronization Technology found in the new Classico line is an additional bass loading system that, simply stated, allows the speaker to play louder, deliver exceptional bass and perform overall like a speaker many times its size.
These technologies as well as our patented S2 and CDT 3 Tweeter can be found in the latest offerings from Anthony Gallo Acoustics; Strada, Reference 3.5 and the highly anticipated Classico Series of wood box loudspeakers that are going to change the way people think about box speakers in this price range.
For the custom installer that requires a in-wall / on-wall solution, Anthony Gallo Acoustics offers the Micro series, a 4” sphere, and the A’Diva series, a 5” sphere. They cane be installed with on-wall / on-ceiling mounts or the in-ceiling rings, the speakers sit about 3/4 in the wall and can be rotated for optimal sonic performance. Check out all the Gallo products at www.roundsound.com
|Component, Composite and VGA to HDMI Scalers|
Cool Components, Inc. – Component Cooling Unit with Cover (CP-CC-4WC)
You asked for it, so here it is. Cool Components has added yet another model to the ever-popular Component Cooler line of products. We took our best-selling Component Cooler, the 4-Fan version, flipped it over, reversed the fans and added a cover. The result? A unit that really sucks (the heat away from a component). Essentially, we have created a spot cooler on steroids. Moving up to 160 CFM of air, the new CP-CC-4WC can be placed under or on top of a hot component to ensure ‘Coolness’ by drawing the heat away from the component and exhausting it directly out through the front vents. And, like the entire Component Cooler line, it includes feet and rack ears so it can be used in a cabinet or rack.
HAI Dock Wins CustomRetailer EXC!TE Award; Hi-Fi 2 by HAI Finalist for Residential Systems RESI Award; Snap-Link Mobile for iPhone Wins Security Products New Product of the Year Award
Home Automation, Inc. (HAI), the leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, announced today that two HAI entertainment products have received recognition from CustomRetailer magazine and Residential Systems magazine, and that HAI’s Snap-Link Mobile for iPhone received an award from Security Products magazine.
CustomRetailer magazine acknowledged the new HAI Dock with a 2011 EXC!TE Award. The HAI Dock turns your iPhone or iPod into a wireless music server for a distributed audio system by HAI, NuVo, Russound, Proficient, Speakercraft, and Xantech. EXC!TE award winning products stand out for being innovative, high-performing, and solutions-oriented.
Residential Systems magazine recognized the Hi-Fi 2 distributed audio system as a Finalist for the 2011 RESI Award in the Integrated Product Family category. HAI’s Hi-Fi 2 is a simple to install matrix distributed audio system that’s perfect for standalone use in residences and small commercial spaces. It can also be fully integrated into a home control system. The RESI Award honors the best products, based on their industrial design, from manufacturers exhibiting at CEDIA EXPO 2011. Winners will be announced at an awards reception during CEDIA.
Security Products magazine recognized Snap-Link Mobile for iPhone with a 2011 New Product of the Year award. Snap-Link Mobile is an application that allows homeowners to view and control all of the connected devices in the home. Editorial content will follow in the December issue of Security Products magazine.
“HAI is delighted that our entertainment and remote access solutions continue to receive recognition from custom integrator magazines like CustomRetailer, Residential Systems, and Security Products”, explained HAI Associate Director of Marketing, Greg Rhoades. “We look forward to showcasing our award-winning products in Booth 427 at CEDIA.”
Key Digital Introduces New FatCat Series™ CAT6/STP Cable for use in Commercial & Residential Applications Model KD-CAT6STP1X
Key Digital Systems, Inc. the Experts in Digital Video Technology and Solutions is proud to introduce our exciting new FatCat Series™ KD-CAT6STP1X CAT6/STP cable. This amazing new CAT6/STP cable is designed especially for commercial and residential applications where reliable long cable runs are needed. As leaders in digital and analog video technology, Key Digital® has launched KD-CAT6STP1X to provide a solution to installers for both residential and commercial A/V systems looking to send high quality HD signals over long distances.
Dealers all over the country seek out Key Digital’s expertise in digital video technology. Dan O’Donnell, National Sales Manager for North America at Key Digital®, notes that KD-CAT6STP1X’s tough construction, “…allows Key Digital® to create a new CAT6/STP cable which can provide high-performance data communication in a noisy environment.” The KD-CAT6STP1X is also optimized for use with Key Digital’s FatCat Series™ KD-BBTx/Rx HDMI/DVI extenders and KD-CATHD500 HDMI/DVI/Ethernet extenders to ensure improved syncing as well as guarantee a stable signal. This new CAT6/STP cable is also shielded from electromagnetic interference resulting in a worry-free installation which is guaranteed to deliver stunning HD signal quality. Key Digital® President, Mike Tsinberg, stated that, “Our newest CAT6/STP cable unlocks a unique opportunity for Key Digital as we are now able to offer complete solutions from switchers to extenders to cabling instead of solely individual components.” Today’s installers need reliable, easy, and fast integration of high definition video and audio in both residential and commercial applications. The KD-CAT6STP1X allows you to create a complete system from the entire family of robust Key Digital high definition video products.
High Performance CAT6/STP Cabling – 1,000 ft. spool
- Designed for 1000Base-TX, 100Base-TX; 10Base-T and HDBaseT® applications
- Features 4 individually aluminum-foil screened twisted pairs
- Overall braid-shielded to an S/FTP form
- Frequency Range: 1 to 1.4 Ghz
- Conductor Size: 23 Awg Bare Copper
- Internal Shield Material: Aluminum-Mylar Tape
- Overall Shield Material: Tinned-Copper Braid
- Conductor Color Code: Standard
- Total Wires: 8
- Shielded twisted pair (STP) cable designed to work with Key Digital® Hercules Series™ HDMI/DVI Matrix Switchers KD-HDMS4X4 and KD-HDMS8X8
- Optimized for use with Key Digital® FatCAT Series™ KD-BBTx/Rx HDMI/DVI extenders and KD-CATHD500 HDMI/DVI/Ethernet extenders to ensure improved syncing / stable signals
- Provides reliable HD video signal transfer for longer distances
- High-performance data communications for noisy environment
- Shields from electromagnetic interference
- Future-proofs your LAN installation by ensuring voice, data, video and security capabilities of your cabling
LUXUL EXPANDS PRODUCT OFFERINGS WITH EASY-TO-IMPLEMENT MODULAR NETWORKING SOLUTIONS FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENTS
Luxul XenTM Offers Installers a Simpler End-to-End Networking Approach
Luxul, a leading innovator of patented high-performance networking technologies has announced the availability of a new family of modular products that simplify the deployment of powerful and scalable residential and commercial networks. Luxul XenTM builds upon the success of the company’s popular Pro-WAVTM high performance wireless offerings by adding a complete line of easy-to-deploy wired networking solutions.
“The Luxul philosophy and our product offerings have always focused on reducing network complexity while increasing the reliability and performance—essentially doing more with less,” said Jeffrey Curtis, President and CEO of Luxul Wireless. “The Luxul Xen family embraces this same philosophy of network simplicity, while expanding the portfolio to include both wired and wireless offerings. These new products will enable our dealer base to more efficiently and cost-effectively deploy end-to-end networking solutions.”
Luxul Xen incorporates a full line of pre-configured modular solutions that simplify network design and deployment, while delivering a reliable and scalable network that is powerful, yet easy to install and manage. The complete Luxul Xen family includes:
- Enterprise Class Routers
- Managed and Unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet Switches
- Power-Over-Ethernet Solutions
- High Performance 802.11n Wireless Access Points
All Luxul Xen products are XenConnectTM enabled—ensuring simple out-of-the-box installation and plug-and-play connectivity with other Luxul Xen products. Access points, routers, and managed switches include intuitive and powerful XenSmartTM management tools to enable network optimization and management. Luxul also provides downloadable configuration options that further enable rapid network deployment and optimization for specific applications such as VoiP, online gaming or multi-media streaming.
To view a family product overview brochure, Please visit: http://luxul.com/wp-content/documents/LUX-PF-productfamilybrochure.pdf
Pakedge Introduces Its K62 and K61 Preconfigured, Multi-VLAN Gigablt Router and Configurable Audio/Video Bridging Systems
Pakedge Device & Software today announced the introduction of its K62 and K61 Preconfigured, Multi-VLAN, Gigabit Router and Configurable Audio/Video Bridging Systems. The 24-port K62 and 8-port K61 provide the highest levels of audio/video bridging (AVB) and smart home networking performance, along with easy installation and robust security.
The K62 includes the Pakedge R6V router, SW-24GBM fully managed 24-port gigabit Ethernet switch and mounting brackets. The K61 includes the Pakedge R6V router, SW8-GBV 8-port Ethernet switch and mounting brackets. The K62 is ideal for use in larger networks, while the K61 is well suited for installations that require a smaller amount of connected devices.
Victor Pak, President and CEO of Pakedge noted, “The K62 and K61 are optimized for applications like high-definition audio streaming and networked custom-installation home entertainment systems. Their gigabit speed delivers the fastest possible network speeds to ensure dependable audio/video bridging performance for all connected devices, and they offer enterprise-class reliability as well.”
The K62 and K61 are preconfigured to provide up to six VLANs. In addition, the K61 provides 1 fiber capable port. The K62 provides two fiber capable ports for longer cable runs. The K62 and K61 also provide dual WAN (Wide Area Network) ports for ensuring Internet redundancy, and a DMZ port, for easy connection of web servers, ftp servers or gaming consoles without additional configuration.
The K62 and K61 enable each device on the network to be prioritized, enabling more efficient network operation. Devices that require 100 percent smooth communication, for example, audio/video streaming and VoIP phones, can be assigned the highest priorities. Installers can also set up a guest network apart from the main network.
Both models are designed for easy installation and quiet operation. They come preconfigured for a wide variety of applications, from basic networks to complex residential systems. Color-coded rear panel jacks facilitate a faster, cleaner installation in an A/V rack without any messy wires protruding from the front. If desired, the VLANs can be easily reprogrammed via any network port, using a laptop or other device.
The Pakedge K62 and K62 provide a high level of pro-active security protection against IM/P2P traffic, phishing and pharming, and other threats. Security scanning is done within hardware (ASIC) rather than software, which results in increased network speed.
The Pakedge K62 and K61 Preconfigured Gigabit Router and Configurable Audio/Video Bridging Systems will be available on September 29th, 2011. Please contact email@example.com for pricing.
Panamax/Furman Announce BlueBOLT Certification Sweepstakes
Panamax/Furman announced via a Facebook post (Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panamax/110502907203) that they will be giving away one M4315-PRO power conditioner per month to installers that get BlueBOLT Certified to install their remote power control and monitoring technology, now through December 2011. To get your BlueBOLT Certification and chance to win, go to https://www.mybluebolt.com/certification.
Electronics installers, don’t get left behind – get Certified now to provide the hottest technology in the integration industry to your clients! Improve customer service, reduce service calls, and elimate truck rolls to troubleshoot and reboot problem components with BlueBOLT. Simply go to the BlueBOLT Certification page, watch the tutorial video, and pass the short quiz to get your Certification. Once Certified, electronics integrators are authorized to resell and install BlueBOLT enabled hardware. Now through December 2011, Panamax/Furman will be giving away one award-winning M4315-PRO per month to Certified installers. There’s no better time than now to get BlueBOLT Certified!
SiriusXM Introduces SiriusXM 2.0 with New Music, Sports and Entertainment Channels, Including SiriusXM Latino
Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced an expanded channel lineup of new and exclusive commercial-free music, sports news and comedy. The expansion includes the debut of SiriusXM Latino, a suite of new Latin channels featuring a deep variety of commercial-free music, plus programming from leading providers of Spanish-language sports, news, talk and entertainment.
The launch of new programming is the first phase of SiriusXM 2.0, a major upgrade and evolution of SiriusXM’s satellite and Internet delivered service that will ultimately span hardware, software, audio, and data services. By employing highly efficient modulation and compression techniques introduced as part of 2.0 technology that effectively delivers 25% more bandwidth capacity, SiriusXM will expand its audio and data services without affecting the broadcast quality of existing channels.
Subscribers can access these new channels through SiriusXM Internet Radio and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and mobile devices. The new channels are also available by satellite through the new SiriusXM Edge, the first satellite radio able to receive the expanded programming lineup. Edge is on sale now at www.shop.siriusxm.com and available at 2,500 retail locations nationwide by this holiday shopping season. Additional programming and expanded listener capabilities will be announced in coming months as SiriusXM builds on the promise of its new 2.0 technology.
“SiriusXM 2.0 is an exciting new chapter for our company and subscribers, and today is the first important upgrade: going live with new programming that reinforces our commitment to offer the best in audio entertainment,” said Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer of SiriusXM. “The new suite of channels, including the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available in radio today, makes our combined offering of English and Spanish audio entertainment second to none. We eventually expect the exciting new features and capabilities being added to our service to offer the opportunity for lower subscriber churn and higher sales of internet radio packages. We also look forward to extending 2.0 content and features soon to our OEM car partners, bringing them and their customers the next generation of satellite radio technology.”
An easy way subscribers can get all SiriusXM programming is through the All Access Annual subscription plan: it offers all satellite radio programming, including premium channels, access to all online channels, and the ability to listen to all programming available through smartphones and mobile devices, for $199 a year, a significant savings.
“The expansion of our commercial-free music offerings, the launch of SiriusXM Latino, the near–doubling of our comedy channels, and additions to our live sports talk, deepens the channel offerings available to SiriusXM subscribers and adds to our unparalleled audio entertainment lineup,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM.
The expanded programming offering from SiriusXM includes:
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio, channel 310: SiriusXM and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will commemorate the artists who’ve been inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The channel will feature highlights from Induction Ceremonies from the past, the Rock Hall’s famous 25th anniversary celebration from Madison Square Garden, and stories from the Museum. The channel will also contain music and stories from Rock Hall inductees The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Temptations, The Doors, Pink Floyd, U2, Tom Petty, and more.
- SiriusXM Comes Alive!, channel 316: Hear the ultimate library of live classic rock recordings seamlessly hand crafted, song by song. Even if you weren’t there, you can experience these magical moments 24/7 on one channel. Get your lighters out and get ready to rock as SiriusXM Comes Alive!
- RockBar, channel 313: Step into your favorite rocking bar for non-stop sing-a-long anthems from artists like AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, Nickelback, The Ramones, Aerosmith, Motley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, and more.
- Classic College Radio, channel 319: The roots of Indie Rock started on college campuses across North America. SiriusXM brings the spirit and the passion of those early days of indie rock to this channel with the music of Sonic Youth, The Replacements, The Pixies, R.E.M., Bjork, Guided by Voices, among others.
- Red White & Booze, channel 350: The music of Country-themed bars and honky tonks across America, featuring a mix of country and rock songs from artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and more.
- Party Mega Mix, channel 300: The party never ends with SiriusXM’s Party Mega Mix. An upbeat party soundtrack from artists like The Black Eyed Peas, B-52’s, Katy Perry, Run DMC, Usher, and more.
- Krishna Das Yoga Radio, channel 360: Coming soon. Created in partnership with yoga musician Krishna Das, who the New York Times called the “Chant Master of American Yoga,” the channel features music from Krishna Das and many different artists from the world of yoga and meditation. Listeners will be transported to a deeper place where they can quiet the mind and open the heart.
A near-doubling of SiriusXM’s exclusive, edgy and ground-breaking comedy suite; our existing Raw Dog (Comedy Uncensored), The Foxxhole (produced by Jamie Foxx), Blue Collar Comedy and family-friendly Laugh USA channels are joined by:
- Carlin’s Corner, channel 400: Produced with George Carlin’s daughter, Kelly Carlin, and his best friend and business partner, Jerry Hamza, SiriusXM honors the man who made the “seven deadly words” famous with his own channel, featuring the albums, concerts and private archives of the one and only George Carlin.
- UCB Radio, channel 406: Produced with the irreverent and already legendary Upright Citizens Brigade, SiriusXM gives a voice to the underground sketch, improv and stand-up comedy that is breaking new styles of comedy and launching new star comedians.
- Dirty Dog, channel 403: Pushing the boundaries of rude and raucous comedy farther than ever before, including favorite comics at their edgiest, such as Sam Kinison, Jim Norton, Doug Stanhope, Artie Lange, Lisa Lampanelli, Sarah Silverman and more.
Adding to SiriusXM’s already unique and dominant lineup of sports talk and live play-by-play for NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA TOUR, NASCAR, and college sports, the expanded programming lineup now includes:
- ESPN SportsCenter, channel 370: The only radio channel offering 24-hour access to the best in sports news and highlights shows, including SportsCenter, ESPNews and more.
The SiriusXM Latino channel lineup will now feature exclusive commercial-free music channels covering a wide variety of music genres, including:
- Caliente, channel 150: A red-hot mix of the biggest hits of tropical, salsa, merengue and Reggaeton, playing, among others, Marc Anthony, Juanes, Juan Luis Guerra, Aventura, Shakira, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Daddy Yankee, Paulina Rubio, Victor Manuelle, and Luis Miguel.
- Viva, channel 500: The brightest Latin stars in contemporary pop, alternative and ballads, playing Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Maná, Camila, Juanes, Luis Fonsi, Julieta Venegas, Belanova, La Quinta Estación and more.
- La Mezcla, channel 503: Top hits in Spanish and English, playing Lady Gaga, Paulina Rubio, Ke$ha, Shakira, Britney Spears, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, and more.
- Flow Nación, channel 506: The hottest sounds in Latin hip-hop and Reggaeton, featuring Pitbull, Wisin & Yandel, Lil Rob, Daddy Yankee, Baby Bash, Nina Sky, Don Omar, and Kat Deluna.
- Aguila, channel 510: The sound of Norteño bands, Ranchera, Duranguense and the sounds of traditional Mexican music, including among others Larry Hernandez, Ana Gabriel, Los Tigres Del Norte, La Adictiva Banda San José, El Trono de Mexico, Banda Machos, Vicente Fernandez, and Jenni Rivera.
- Latidos, channel 520: Romantic Latin love songs from the ‘90s to today, with such artists as Alejandro Sanz, Chayanne, Camila, Gloria Estefan, Cristan Castro, Luis Miguel, Franco de Vita, and Laura Pausini.
- Caricia, channel 523: The classics from unforgettable artists in Spanish and English, showcasing Miguel Bosé, Juan Gabriel, Bee Gees, Roberto Carlos, Camilo Sesto, Journey, Julio Iglesias, and Pimpinela.
- Luna, channel 530: Latin percussion and Afro-Cuban rhythms blended with Jazz for a fun-filled musical journey, with selections from Tito Puente, Eddie Palmieri, Cal Tjader, Paquito D’Rivera, Chucho Valdes, Dizzy Gillespie, Mongo Santamaria, and more.
- Rumbón, channel 533: Classic salsa from the legendary artists and bands from yesterday, playing, among others, Fania All Stars, Celia Cruz, Hector Lavoe, Willie Colon, Rubén Blades, Cheo Feliciano, Johnny Pacheco, and Roberto Roena.
- La Kueva, channel 540: Latin rock classics and today’s upcoming artists, including Maná, Fabulosos Cadillacs, Soda Estéreo, Molotov, Juanes, Puya, Rata Blanca, and more.
URC Introduces Affordable New Complete Control Remote
One of many products URC introduced at CEDIA EXPO 2011 is the MX-780 remote control. The latest addition to URC’s wide line of one-way Complete Control devices, the MX-780 is a wand-style, hard-button remote control that features an attractive 1.5-inch color OLED screen. Capable of both IR and 418MHz Narrow Band RF operation, the MX-780 is PC Programmable via URC’s CCP software.
Experienced URC dealers may notice the MX-780’s resemblance to the popular MX-880; the MX-780 adds Red, Green, Blue and Yellow hard buttons. Powered by four AA-size alkaline batteries, the MX-780 features an MSRP of $299 and is available now.