D-Tools MVP Manufacturer Partners realize the importance of bringing you their product information and have chosen to support the D-Tools user community by joining the program and making their product data directly available through D-Tools SI software. Read on for the latest manufacturer company news and product updates.
|Hall Research||IC Realtime||Kramer|
AMX Launches Rapid Project Maker Software
- Configures Conference Rooms in Less Than an Hour
- Ideal for Programmers with Little to No AMX Programming Experience
- Time Saver for Seasoned Designers Needing to Deploy Many Rooms Quickly
AMX recently announced the launch of Rapid Project Maker (RPM), our cloud-based application that lets installers configure an AMX system online using a step-by-step wizard-based approach. With no programming required, installers can configure the perfect conference room experience that includes touch panel user interface pages and system installation instructions. An integrated conference room consisting of an AMX Controller, a videoconferencing system, DVD player, display and a laptop can be configured in less than an hour. This application is ideal for seasoned designers needing assistance with several rooms to configure or programmers new to AMX who may not be familiar with AMX programming. Complete details are available at AMX.com and be sure to visit us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for more updates.
Back to News Directory
APC by Schneider Electric has partnered with ihiji to provide integrators with a comprehensive and convenient remote monitoring and support solution.
Features & Benefits
•Enables 24/7 two–way communication with networking, power, control systems, and other consumer electronic equipment.
•APC’s lineup of IP–enabled power management devices powered by ihiji will enable integrators to reduce servicing costs and increase system reliability.
•Integrates with all IP–enabled devices as well as many non–IP devices via a control system in a consumers home.
•Provides a single point of access to manage equipped home systems remotely through a convenient online support portal.
•Quickly configures both monitoring and remote support without the need for on–site servers, networt configuration, or additional software.
•ihiji invision solution is an award–winning cloud based remote monitoring and management platform.
The INV–APP500 is available for purchase directly from APC by Schneider Electric!
Part Number: INV–APP500
Dealer Price: $199.99
Back to News Directory
Audio Authority to Ship SonaFlex™ 16-Channel Matrix Amplifier May 1, 2012
Installation flexibility, audio performance and simplicity of setup are key benefits to the SF-16M.
Audio Authority®, manufacturer of audio/video distribution, extension and signal conversion solutions, announced that the SF-16M Matrix Amplifier is scheduled to begin shipping on May 1, 2012. The SF-16M is a unique blend of matrix switching, signal processing, powerful amplification and flexible audio input/output configurations. Built and designed in the U.S. with the custom installer in mind, the SF-16M brings a new approach to common residential and commercial distributed audio applications – one multi-purpose matrix amplifier that can be used in a variety of installations.
David Acton, Product Development Specialist for Audio Authority, made the announcement. “We are thrilled to announce that the SF-16M will be available soon for shipment. The SF-16M was purpose-built to address the changing market landscape for the custom installer. We went to our dealers to see what they were looking for in audio distribution products. They told us they needed power, dynamics and reliable performance, combined with the flexibility to use our audio products in both residential and commercial audio applications. We believe the SonaFlex SF-16M addresses these needs and exceeds expectations for audio quality and performance.”
Acton says the most unique feature of the SF-16M is its “support for consumer and pro audio sources, combined with the ability to override audio on any channel to a designated input. Overrides may be triggered using contact closure, IR, RS-232 or IP commands. As a result, the SF-16M is ideal for residential multi-room audio with local source override, paging for restaurants and business, room-combining for conference centers and more.”
The SF-16M includes two FlexPort™ Cat 5 audio ports, which accept a variety of Audio Authority FlexPort modules (available soon). Options include two balanced mic/line level models as well as stereo RCA and digital optical/coax modules. FlexPort modules can be installed up to 500 feet away from the SF-16M using Cat 5 cable. In addition to the override options, each FlexPort module has a user-friendly override button that illuminates when override is active.
SF-16M features include:
• Audio matrix switching, signal processing and amplification in one unified system
• 16 analog RCA inputs combined with two Cat 5 “FlexPort” inputs allow for a total 20 mono/10 stereo inputs
• Optional FlexPort modules accept balanced line/mic, XLR, digital coax/optical and analog RCA audio sources
• 16 amplified outputs can be configured as mono, stereo, or a combination of stereo and mono
• Up to four SF-16M units can be linked together to form a powerful 32 input x 64 output audio matrix
• Class-D amplification provides a conservatively rated 45 watts per channel (all channels driven) or 60 watts (8 channels driven) at 8 Ohms – stable to 2 Ohms
• Linear power supply delivers the warmth and musicality of an analog amplifier, combined with the responsiveness and headroom required for dynamic music content
• Signal processing tools include hi- and low-shelf filters (Bass/Treble), hi- and low-pass filters, and up to seven bands of parametric equalization per output
• 10 audio overrides (triggered by contact closure, RS-232, Ethernet or IR commands) provide a convenient method to switch to alternate audio inputs for applications such as paging, local source selection, and room combining
• 10 preset sound scenes (a system-wide snap-shot of all volume and source settings) can be saved and recalled using RS-232, Ethernet or IR commands
• 10 audio groups allow multiple outputs to be grouped to share volume ramping, muting, and source selection
• Compatible with virtually any control system using RS-232, Ethernet or IR commands
Shipping May 1, 2012, the SF-16M is now available for pre-order and has a MSRP of $2,989. The companion FlexPort audio modules will retail at $159 each and will be available shortly after the release of the SF-16M.
Back to News Directory
Belden to Demonstrate Their Industry-Leading Portfolio at NAB 2012
Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC) is a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, with a leadership position in the Broadcast and AV industry. Belden brings together their industry-leading portfolio of cable and connectors and their various product brands including Telecast Fiber Systems and Hirschmann, to provide complete end-to-end solutions to the Broadcast and Professional AV markets. Belden stands alone as the industry professionals to turn to: One Enterprise. One Infrastructure. One Partner.
Belden offers an integrated package of audio, video and data transport systems over copper and fiber; answering the needs of our customers now and as they migrate further into IP Solutions in the future.
This unparalleled leadership will be strongly evidenced throughout the upcoming NAB Convention on April 16-19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in booth C8925. Belden’s exhibit will feature new products and leading-edge technology for broadcast applications, including:
- Telecast Fiber Systems
- TR6442i ‘CommLink’ Fiber Optic Intercom Link and Converter is a patent-pending fiber-optic transceiver system designed to carry two intercom channels over a single strand of fiber across distances over 40km.
- Cobra 2DT Fiber Optic Interface for New Sony Digital HD Triax Camera is the first fiber optic solution that permits extension of the industry’s new digital triax-based camera chains using simple, inexpensive fiber optic cable.
- Terrapin was designed for those customers that need something more than just media conversion. It is a hand-held device that allows the user to “direct” video traffic via optical or electrical input and allow those paths to either be distributed up to six inputs on the electrical side or be used as a re-clocking and optical regeneration circuit.
- Thor DA Throwdown HDMI Distribution Amplifier allows one digital video source to be split into multiple digital displays.
- THOR DE Throwdown DVI and Audio Extender is a DVI and audio extender over two fibers (singlemode or multimode) that is capable of driving an uncompressed WUXGA 60Hz DVI signal up to 2km (single-mode) or 500m (multimode).
- THOR MR 8X8 HDMI & DVI Matrix Routers enables our customers to make cross-switches between up to eight DVI or HDMI sources (computer/servers) and eight displays which are located away from the main sources.
- Thor DE Modular DVI Extender is the newest member of Telecast’s Thor family of fiber optic extenders for broadcasting, government and professional AV applications. The Thor DE is an optical DVI extender consisting of transmitter and receiver modules, each with one SC connector and a 24-pin DVI-D converter.
- Hirschmann’s new prototype AVB switch is designed to meet the new Ethernet standard IEEE 802.1BA-2011, specifically aimed at broadcasters and other audio and video professionals. It features ultra-low latency (2 ms max through seven hops) and timed bit streams, where a grand master clock in the switch will align any number of audio channels with nanosecond accuracy.
- Brilliance Broadcast Cables
- Belden 1776 is now the best choice of microphone cable for applications where constant abuse and rough handling occur. It is the strongest microphone cable Belden has ever made and is an ideal product for rock bands and rental houses. To demonstrate its strength, Belden will hold a daily contest where show attendees can guess the maximum weight the cable can withstand. The cable will be suspended from the ceiling, and at noon weights will be added until the cable stops working. Stop by booth C9825 to submit your guess.
- Belden 2221 is a miniature 10-pair mic/patch cable which is digital (110 ohms) and analog (13 pF/ft.) Designed to weigh less and take up less space in a rack, this product not only fits bantam or TT plugs but also miniature balanced audio connectors from Switchcraft, Neutrik, Lemo and others.
- Belden Class 1 Speaker Cables were developed to support high power audio amplifiers over 1,000 watts (1 kW), while maintaining installer safety. At this level of power, the speaker output could now kill you so UL requires wiring to meet a higher safety rating. The new line will range from 6 to 14 gauge. Samples of 8808, the 8 gauge product will be available at the show.
- Belden Analog Audio Snake Cables are now available in plenum, Banana Peel, and waterblocked constructions. These cables range from 1-pair to 12-pair. The Banana Peel series leverages Belden’s patent pending technology to reduce effort and time required for installation. The waterblocked version is suitable for direct-burial and outdoor applications requiring a rugged construction.
- HD Brilliance BNC additions. Adding to the current line of RG6, 59, and mini connectors, we will be displaying samples of plenum 59 & 6 as well as the new one piece RG7.
- Watertight RG6 HD BNC and BNC terminator. The connector is based on the locking version, but has been modified to produce a watertight seal when connected to a female port, spliced, or terminated with our new terminator.
- Prototype Double Bubble compression tool. Letting customer needs be our guide we are inviting feedback from those who try out the prototype before we put the final touches on this new tool.
- BNC insertion/removal tools. These have been redesigned to provide better access to all types of racks and ports (including racks with offset port lengths). We will also have a two headed version for the locking connectors.
The MP75 is the latest addition to the CE labs digital signage HD digital media player line. The MP75 is a solid-state, highly affordable and simple stand alone digital media appliance with push-button functionality and a diverse set of outputs for compatibility with multiple connections. The MP75 utilizes USB and SD-cards for storage and playback of video formats and supports multiple video, audio and image formats. Built with the same rugged industrialized housing material that has been proven in the field, the MP75 is fully capable of playing 3D content and enhanced bit rate high definition video files for superior digital signage playback.
Main features of the MP75 include:
- Full high definition 1080p support
- Supports Blu-ray Disc format (MPEG-2, H.264, and VC-1)
- Plays mpeg 2, wmv, and H.264
- Supports USB and SD card for storage and play
- 3D ready
- Manual switching compatible with top and bottom and side by side 3D files
- 5 4-pin GPIO ports: supports illuminated push buttons. Uses numbered folder structure for easy button assignments
Call your sales representative or email us for specifications and pricing.
Designed by renowned furniture designers, John Follis and Dave Hammer in the 1960’s, the popular lounge model, SOLO, was the inspiration for Fortress latest theater chair design.The original SOLO remains a classic and timeless object. The newly transformed SOLO theater chair lends sophistication to any media room setting and addresses the ergonomics necessary for a chair in which you will be seated for the length of a movie.As with all Fortress theater seating, the combination of elegant design and extraordinary comfort is sure to make this a very popular model.Product Information – as shownModel: SOLOUpholstery as shown: Standard LeatherMSRP: $3,500Contact:
909.483.6092 P ~ 909.483.6166 F
FSR’s New Plasma Wall Boxes Accommodate More Equipment in Smaller Footprint
Expanded PWB-200 Series Delivers Quality at Affordable Price
FSR, manufacturer of audio and video switching, control products, and connectivity boxes, has expanded its line of plasma wall boxes with three units that balance cost and quality to deliver fully featured models at an affordable price. The new boxes – the PWB-200, PWB-203, and PWB-250 – accommodate any application where video displays are wall mounted, including: digital signage, conference centers, schools, airports, museums, arenas, electronic billboards and general meeting facilities.
Each new box features an interior with flat sides to maximize capacity in its small footprint, and an IPS knockout capable of mounting up to six single plates. Two single gang knockouts are found in the smaller boxes, while the largest has three with a removable passthrough enclosure for an additional knockout.
The PWB-200 is designed to fit 2” x 4” stud walls, the PWB-203 is specifically sized for 2” x 3” stud walls, and the largest and highest capacity PWB-250 features stud-to-stud mounting. All three are delivered ready-to-install and include a two-part cover with mounting screws in either black or white, a UL listed AC back box, screws for wood or steel stud mounting, grounding screws, tie wraps and a rubber grommet. A steel, duplex box is also supplied.
Back to News Directory
HDMI over UTP Extender with HDBaseT Lite™ (Sender & Receiver)
- Extend HDMI or DVI over single Cat 5e/6 up to 230 ft (70 m)
- Utilizes HDBaseT Lite extension technology
- Full HD support 1080p deep color, 3D, and 4K x 2K
- HDCP Compliant with pass-thru EDID from display to source
- Supports virtually all HD and PC resolution
The Mini-Cat® brand UH-1BT extends any HDMI or single link DVI video signal up to 230 ft over inexpensive UTP (Cat6) cable using HDBaseT-Lite technology. Video and embedded audio signals are transmitted without any compression to the remote for a 100% identical reproduction.
The UH-1BT is comprised of a local Sender (transmitter) and a remote Receiver. Each is constructed as a compact metal enclosure with mounting provision and feature locking HDMI connectors. The extender is HDCP compliant with pass-thru EDID and supports embedded audio, Full HD, deep color (1080p@60Hz @ 48 bits/pixel), and 3D video. The UH-1BT can also extend 4Kx2K video that is gaining popularity. Secondary data channels such as: DDC, CEC, and HPD (Hot-Plug Detect) are also transparently extended. Plug and play operation with no user adjustments offer a truly trouble-free experience.
As a leader in the field of video over twisted pair extension, Hall Research’s Mini-Cat® brand has set a new standard in the industry for unsurpassed quality and reliability.
Back to News Directory
Pixim Develops New Imaging Solution Exclusively for IC Realtime
New imaging solution based on Pixim Seawolf chip optimized specifically to work with IC Realtime’s new line of DVRs and NVRs.
Pixim Inc., a leading provider of imaging chips for enterprise security cameras, announced the development of an imaging solution custom-tuned for IC Realtime’s line of DVRs and NVRs. IC Realtime ofPompano Beach,Florida has introduced the I-Sniper video security solution. I-Sniper is based on Pixim’s latest image capture chip, but Pixim has implemented the technology to produce algorithms that are in sync with IC Realtime’s storage and network streaming devices. When I-Sniper cameras are paired with IC Realtime DVRs or NVRs, the result is 25-45 percent longer recording times and reduced network bandwidth versus non-optimized third-party cameras.
Through Pixim, I-Sniper cameras adjust to highlights and lowlights in the same scene, capturing the entire picture even in the most challenging, mixed lighting conditions. In addition, I-Sniper offers 690 HTVL effective resolution and the industry’s proven best wide dynamic range. The new I-Sniper cameras require just 0.1 lux of illumination to produce usable, color images at a full 30 frames per second, and as low as 0.001 lux with slow shutter modes enabled.
“Our partnership with Pixim is the first time an image sensor developer and a system manufacturer have worked so closely together to custom design an image capture solution,” explains Matt Sailor, president of IC Realtime. “I-Sniper will allow our customers to not only capture the best images in all types of challenging lighting, but they will also be able to optimize the use of their DVRs and NVRs—saving money and storage space.”
“Pixim’s engineers enjoyed the challenge of designing an imaging solution that took the best of our chip technology and enhanced it work with IC Realtime’s storage and network devices,” says Scott Takaoka, Pixim’s director of sales, Americas. “IC Realtime is known as one of the industry’s best developers of DVRS and NVRs, and now, with the addition of I-Sniper cameras, they can offer their customers a seamlessly integrated system.”
Back to News Directory
KRAMER INTRODUCES THE MV−6 3G HD−SDI MULTIVIEWER
Kramer Electronics is pleased to introduce the high−performance MV−6, a versatile, high−performance multiviewer for3G HD−SDI video signals. The device can display up to six inputs in any combination and output the image in multiple formats, supporting either pre−programmed or customizable screen divisions.
The MV−6 has a maximum input data rate of 3Gbps and is HDTV compatible. It features Kramer’s re−Klocking™ & Equalization technology, which rebuilds the digital signal to travel longer distances.
The MV−6 supports standard definition, high definition, and 3G high definition serial digital video signals(SD/HD−SDI/3G HD−SDI). Specifically, the MV−6 is compatible with SMPTE 259M, 292M and 424M signals and supports data rates of 270Mbps, 1483.5Mbps, 1485Mbps, 2967Mbps and 2970Mbp. Each input also has a corresponding re−clocked looping output. On the output side, the MV−6 supports SDI (259M), HD−SDI (292M) and 3G HD−SDI (SMPTE 424M) serial digital signals and has an HDMI and composite video output as well.
The multiviewer offers flexible control options via IR remote, Ethernet & RS−232 (supplied with PC control software). The 4.3” color LCD preview screen (16:9) displays the output signal on the front panel. The front panel also has buttons to freeze, resize and position the picture, as well as four pre−programmed and two user−definable screen handling buttons which make the unit easy to monitor and control.
The MV−6 multiviewer is intended for use in production studios, rental & staging and presentation applications and is a valuable device for professional broadcasting purposes.
The unit is housed in a standard 19” 2U rack−mountable enclosure, with rack “ears” included.
The MV−6 is available in stock from Kramer Electronics sales companies around the world.
Announcing the New PN-TPC2W7A AQUOS BOARD™ PC Option
More power, same price!
We are pleased to introduce a new AQUOS BOARD PC option, the PN-TPC2W7A. With up to 16 GB RAM and a 2.6 GHz Pentium® Dual-Core CPU, the PN-TPC2W7A is ideal for use on all Sharp AQUOS BOARD models. Best of all, it offers more power than the previously available PN-TPC2W7 at the same price!
See the chart below for a quick features comparison:
The PN-TPC2W7A is a full-featured High Definition PC based upon Intel® Pentium® H67 architecture, and powered by an Intel® G620 Pentium® Dual-core CPU. It has been optimized for reliable operation with Sharp AQUOS BOARD interactive display systems.
The PN-TPC2W7A includes the Sharp Pen Software™ application pre-installed on the hard disk. It also has the flexibility to run most third party software and custom applications. The PN-TPC2W7A supports true 1080P video with hardware assisted support for formats such as MPEG2, H.264 and WM9. The PN-TPC2W7A was designed with display integration in mind and features a full complement of video outputs including HDMI®
The unit also includes an RS232 port for display control and a custom mounting bracket specially designed to attach behind a Sharp PN-L series touch screen display. The PN-TPC2W7A’s all metal chassis and small form factor make it ideal for commercial applications requiring a powerful yet compact PC.
The PN-TPC2W7A is available for immediate shipping along with upgraded AQUOS BOARD interactive display packages: PN-L702B-PKG2A and PN-L602B-PKG2A. These packages include the PN-L702B or PNL602B display, PN-TPC2W7A PC and PN-SR760M stand. The previous package, the PN-L702B-PKG2, is discontinued.
The PN-L802B package (PN-L802B-PKG2A) will be available in April 2012 and include the PN-L802B display, PN-TPC2W7A PC and new PN-SR800M stand.
Back to News Directory
URC’s New Water-Resistant Remote Is Ready For Outdoor Fun
Spring is here, which means it’s time once again to take home entertainment outdoors. So why not offer your customers URC’s first, rock-solid splashproof remote control, the new MXW-920?
Using RF communication via a URC base station such as the MRF-260 or MRF-350, the MXW-920 can operate equipment that is not in direct line-of-sight. Although it’s not intended for underwater use, the MXW-920’s durable design enables it to withstand moisture thanks to its JIS Class 4 water resistance rating. It can be used both outside and inside the house, too; while it’s the perfect poolside companion, it’s also the ideal choice for a kitchen or bath controller.
The MXW-920 can control up to 40 devices and can be programmed for one-touch automation. It’s so easy to use that even houseguests can effortlessly change stations or volume levels while poolside, all without having to ask a bunch of questions related to operation of the homeowner’s setup. The MXW-920 is powered by four AAA batteries which are encased in an airtight silicon-lined battery compartment by four screws.
– The Insight Series will bring key core PMD technology and performance characteristics of Wisdom’s award-winning Sage Series to more accessible price points
— The highly anticipated launch comes after rave reviews from press and retailers for the innovative Insight Series lineup at CES 2012
Wisdom Audio announced today the availability and further information for the new Insight Series™ high-performance in-wall loudspeakers, bringing key core technologies and performance characteristics from the brand’s award-winning Sage Series® to more consumers.
“We are excited to announce the pricing and shipping plans for the Insight Series in-wall
models to our distribution channel. After our Insight Series demonstrations at CES,
many of partners have been looking forward to offering a wider range of Wisdom Audio
products to their customers,” said Mark Glazier, Wisdom Audio President. “Our partners
have been asking us to address the needs of their broader client bases, while
maintaining our commitment to employ the superior performance of planar magnetic
transducers. As the leader in high-performance architectural speakers, Wisdom Audio
will never compete at the lowest price levels in the market, but the performance our
engineering team has been able to provide at competitive price points is truly amazing
and needs to be heard.”
The Insight Series models incorporate both newly developed planar magnetic thin-film drivers and moving coil woofers. Unlike other Wisdom Audio speakers, the Insight Series utilizes traditional passive crossovers to allow use with a single amplifier channel Wisdom Audio Insight Series, continued per speaker. Four in-wall models will be offered in May/June 2012, followed by one inceiling model, two subwoofer options and on-wall variants later in the year.
“The Sage Series has demonstrated to our partners and their clients the kind of
performance we’re able to achieve with application specific, planar magnetic hybrid
designs for use within real rooms,” said David Graebener, Wisdom Audio Executive
Vice President. “With very helpful input and feedback from many of our partners, we
believe the Insight Series will enable them to deliver compelling performance for their
clients at entirely new price points for Wisdom Audio. My team has enjoyed designing
all new planar magnetic and woofer transducers for this series and can’t wait for our
work to be displayed and heard around the world.”