As new report functionality gets added to the standard reports there is often a need to add this functionality to existing custom reports. In this blog post we are going to add the service plan functionality to one of the legacy reports. By doing this we will have the option to select a service plan and have that sub-report displayed on the legacy report.
The functionality we are going to add allows an user to select a Service Plan tied to a project and append that data onto a client facing report. The Standard Reports will have this function by default, however any custom reports made before version 13 would not. We are going to fix that via the steps outlined below.
- Open the Standard Report Designer. This can be done by clicking Start > Reports > Standard Report Designer.
- Once the Designer is open click File > Open > Open Existing Report and select the desired report.
- After the Report opens click File > Edit DTools Report Information.
- On the “Report Wizard” window check the “Include Service Plan” checkbox and click Finish.
- We will need to drag the sub-report object from the left of the window into the desired section of the report.
- Once the sub-report box is in the proper section, right-click the box and select “Bind to D-Tools Report”.
- Select the “Service Plan Details” report.
- We can now publish (File > Publish) the report and test the outcome.
Option to add Service Plan
Now we have the option to include and select a service plan with our custom report.