Latest version of D-Tools’ award-winning solution adds over 50 productivity improvements, including SupplyStream and QuickBooks Online integration as well as enhancements to proposals, purchasing, scheduling and installation management
CONCORD, CA, USA – March 21, 2016 — D-Tools Inc., the worldwide leader in data-driven system integration software, today announced the availability of the newest version of its award winning System Integrator™ (SI) software platform, SI 2016. Building upon the architecture of the System Integrator platform which includes a robust D-Tools Cloud infrastructure, this major release adds over 50 significant new productivity features and enhancements that make it faster and easier than ever for Residential and Commercial AV, Higher Ed, and Security integrators to perform key functions of their business—estimation, system design, and project management. SI 2016 offers improvements in virtually every functional area including integrations with SupplyStream and QuickBooks Online, purchase order management and numerous improvements to reporting, scheduling, and Mobile Install. SI 2016 is now available as an upgrade for existing customers and will be provided at no cost for customers participating in the D-Tools Software Assurance program.
“This latest release of D-Tools System Integrator adds important new features and moves the platform significantly closer to an enterprise level end-to-end solution,” said Randy Stearns, CEO of D-Tools. “Importantly, D-Tools continues to strengthen its relationships with other best-of-breed software providers. We are particularly excited about our partnership with SupplyStream through which actual dealer cost and real-time product availability is accessible to D-Tools users directly from our Data Library. A deeper integration with the QuickBooks family of products eliminates redundancy, thereby improving efficiency. Lastly, we continue to make improvements to critical workflow processes such as purchasing, scheduling, time keeping, field management, drawings and more. Collectively, these product enhancements streamline the operations of any integrator regardless of size or specialty.”
Highlights of SI 2016 new features and enhancements:
- SupplyStream Integration
- Search SupplyStream product catalog from within D-Tools SI 2016
- See your actual cost and real-time product availability (requires SupplyStream account, which is free to D-Tools customers)
- QuickBooks Online Integration:
- Sync D-Tools product catalog with QuickBooks
- Send estimates and purchase orders directly to QuickBooks Online
- Sync vendors when creating items in QuickBooks Online
- Purchase Orders:
- Create and issue purchase orders from within a D-Tools project
- Order items for multiple projects and for stock on the same P.O.
- New D-Tools vendor portal facilitates communication between vendor and integrator
- Items received are updated in the D-Tools project’s order tracking log
- Tasks and Scheduling:
- Timeline view added to calendar
- Add/edit business hours to the schedule
- Mobile Install enhancements
- Time Sheets – track and export time entries to payroll software
- Add site items to install tasks and service orders
- Send notifications when work order or service order tasks are completed
- Drawing Enhancements:
- Off-page reference capabilities for schematic drawings in Visio
- Show coverage area for cameras, motion detectors and WAPs
- New cable tray shapes facilitate design and layout of equipment rooms
- Dynamic Price Calculator:
- Enables price calculations based on specified project costs – i.e. freight costs as a percentage of total equipment cost, or project management cost as a percentage of total field labor
- Reporting Enhancements:
- Ability to re-arrange the order of items in a proposal
- Four new client reports – Company Profile, Line Item Detail (Discount and Net Price), Line Item Detail (Unit Price and Total Price) and Product Details
- Checklist with Install Status
- New Report Definitions
Those interested in learning more about D-Tools and the company’s award-winning System Integrator software platform are encouraged to sign up for a free demo by visiting http://d-tools.com/live-demo-webinar/ or for a free 30-day trial, which can be downloaded by following this link http://d-tools.com/30-day-free-trial/.
About D-Tools, Inc.
D-Tools, founded in 1998 and based in Concord, California, is a worldwide leader in accessible, highly accurate system design and documentation software platform. The company’s flagship product, System Integrator™ (SI), is a robust solution that utilizes Autodesk® AutoCAD and Microsoft® Visio to facilitate comprehensive system design, documentation and project management. D-Tools enables residential and commercial integrators to streamline business processes and increase revenues while reducing the time and cost associated with the installation and integration of low voltage electronic systems. More than 5,000 leading companies in 87 countries currently use the award-winning D-Tools platform to reduce time, costs and to streamline the system integration process. Product updates and related information can be obtained by following D-Tools on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Tim Bigoness, D-Tools, Inc., (925) 270-4102, email@example.com
Josh Carlson, D-Tools, Inc., (925) 270-4105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download D-Tools Logos for use in publication here.
All products, product names, trademarks and registrations are the property of their respective owners, all rights reserved.
# # #