In addition to valuable productivity enhancements to the award-winning System Integrator platform, the PDF Cloud Converter hastens the process of importing floor plans from AutoCAD into Visio, while maintaining the .dwg file scale and quality.
CONCORD, CA — OCTOBER 26, 2016 — D-Tools Inc., the worldwide leader in data-driven system integration software, today announced a new interim release of its flagship software platform, SI 2016. Available immediately worldwide, the SI 2016 R3 release adds valuable new system design and productivity features and enhancements that enable commercial and residential integrators to maximize the efficiency of their business processes and increase profitability, while simultaneously reducing overhead. This latest release of the System Integrator platform offers efficiency improvements in virtually every functional area of the software – catalog, projects, system design, and reporting.
“These latest enhancements further extend D-Tools’ unrivaled toolset for streamlining business processes for integrators,” says Adam Stone, Founder of D-Tools. “Our new PDF Cloud Converter elegantly solves what has traditionally been a frustrating and time-consuming task. Now, D-Tools users have the ability to import a PDF file created from AutoCAD directly into Visio while maintaining the original drawing’s quality and scale, further establishing D-Tools as the uncontested standard for system design and engineering.”
D-Tools SI 2016 R3 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- New D-Tools PDF Cloud Converter: Import a PDF file created from AutoCAD directly into Visio while maintaining the scale and high quality vectors of the original DWG file
- Package Shapes now available for line drawings and plan views
- NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Visio shapes now available for both the SI platform and FreeTools PSL app
- Create Off-Page Reference shapes that work with multiple selected wires
- Receive prompt notifications when Location and System shapes are deleted
- Assign a default system for products in the catalog
- Easily modify product search fields in Product Explorer
- Automatically select “[Manufacturer] Only” when filtering to a Manufacturer in Add Products from Library interface
- Convert Items to Accessories and Accessories to Items
- Add Expected Delivery Date to Purchase Order Items and Project Items
- Collapse or Expand All in Items View as a default in the Project Editor
- Add a shortcut for Project Notes or move the Notes to its own button on the Home ribbon in Project Editor
- Add a shortcut menu to collapse all packages in Project Editor
- Clients and Contacts
- Create a client from a contact with new Project Wizard
- Choose the address type as billing or site when importing clients
- Mass update Tasks and Service Orders
- Set margins in metric, based on regional settings
- Add options for auto-numbering on Report Groups
- Service Orders and Tasks (with Mobile Install Signature) are available as standard reports
- FixedLabor, VariableLabor, UsePhaseLabor, FixedLaborCost, FixedLaborPrice are available as new fields for custom reports
- Show project number for all standard reports.
- Add project number to Service Order reports
- QuickBooks Improvements
- Display the customer along with customer:job when exporting QB Estimate.
- Mobile Install Improvements
- Pick List in Mobile Install has option to set picked for each item, not just aggregated
- Picked field sync from Mobile Install to SI project, and vice versa
- Assign Site Notes via email
- Remove Mobile Install accounts
- Mobile Installer will get notification when a Task/Service Order is published.
Those interested in learning more about D-Tools and the company’s award-winning System Integrator software platform are encouraged to sign up for a free demo by visiting http://d-tools.com/live-demo-webinar/ or for a free 30-day trial, which can be downloaded by following this link http://d-tools.com/30-day-free-trial/.
About D-Tools, Inc.
D-Tools, founded in 1998 and based in Concord, California, is a worldwide leader in accessible, highly accurate system design and documentation software platform. The company’s flagship product, System Integrator™ (SI), is a robust solution that utilizes Autodesk® AutoCAD and Microsoft® Visio to facilitate comprehensive system design, documentation and project management. D-Tools enables residential and commercial integrators to streamline business processes and increase revenues while reducing the time and cost associated with the installation and integration of low voltage electronic systems. More than 5,000 leading companies in 87 countries currently use the award-winning D-Tools platform to reduce time, costs and to streamline the system integration process. Product updates and related information can be obtained by following D-Tools on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Tim Bigoness, D-Tools, Inc., (925) 270-4102, firstname.lastname@example.org
Katye (McGregor) Bennett, KMB Communications, Inc., (425) 328-8640, email@example.com
MVP Program Contact
Josh Carlson, D-Tools, Inc., (925) 270-4105, firstname.lastname@example.org
All products, product names, trademarks, and registrations mentioned are the property of their respective owners, all rights reserved.
# # #