The latest version of award-winning software makes it easier than ever to Sell, Design, and Deliver integration of low voltage systems.
CONCORD, CA – FEBRUARY 19, 2009 – D-Tools, Inc., the worldwide leader in system integration software, today announced that the latest version of its award-winning System Integrator software, SI5.5, is now available to new customers in North America. This significant upgrade focuses on adding to D-Tools’ powerful project management capabilities with detailed project scheduling, resource and task management tools, and Client and Contact management. The upgrade for existing users of SI5 will be available for download starting on March 3rd. D-Tools System Integrator is currently used by over 2,500 companies to streamline the design, estimation, and documentation processes associated with the installation and integration of low voltage systems.
“We are excited about this latest release and are very pleased to make these new productivity tools available for system integrators,” said Adam Stone, President and Founder of D-Tools. “The software continues to evolve as we add functionality that our customers have told us are extremely important to their project workflow, and in this economy it is more important than ever to gain better control of project time and costs. We feel that this is one of the most significant product releases in the company’s history, and we expect that these new features will deliver outstanding value to our customers.”
D-Tools System Integrator 5.5 enables systems integrators and custom installation professionals to create detailed projects managed with automated proposals, scheduling, pick lists, purchase orders, drawings and additional documents that streamline the integration of audio and video products. By using a single, shared, data-driven project file, system integrators and custom installers can better communicate all project details amongst team members, clients, and other trades. Users can download free product information from D-Tools’ comprehensive database of tens of thousands of products and their accessories, giving them the distinct advantage of designing systems using the most current product information, while saving hours of product research time.
New features in SI5.5 include:
- Task and Resource Management – Tools and functionality geared towards better management of system integration projects.
- New/Improved Scheduling Tools for both Work and Service Calls
- Service Orders to help manage and bill for warranty and maintenance calls
- Gant Chart View to visibly manage tasks and labor resources and dependencies
- Improved Remote User Connectivity
- Support for Corporate VPNs
- Support for Microsoft Terminal Services
- Outlook/Exchange Integration – Bringing together Contacts, calendars and task management and enabling support for Windows Mobile Devices.
- Assign Tasks and sync to Outlook’s calendar for better communication
- Windows Mobile Support – Communicate new tasks to your installers in the field and keep them up to date on project or resource changes
- UI Improvements – Improved navigation and collapsible windows for smoother workflow
D-Tools SI5.5 is available to new customers now. An upgrade for existing customers will be available on March 3rd.
About D-Tools, Inc.
D-Tools, founded in 1998 and based in Concord, California, is a worldwide leader in accessible, highly accurate system design and documentation software. The company’s flagship product, System IntegratorTM (SI), is a total design solution that utilizes Autodesk® AutoCAD and Microsoft® Visio for comprehensive system design, documentation and project management. D-Tools SI allows residential and commercial integrators to streamline their business processes to increase overall revenues while reducing the time and costs associated with the installation and integration of low-voltage systems. Over 2,000 leading companies use D-Tools software to reduce time and costs and streamline the system integration process. D-Tools is the recipient of the Consumer Electronics Association’s Mark of Excellence Award (2004, 2005, 2006), National Systems Contractors Association and Sound and Video Contractor’s Innovations in Technology for Business Productivity Award (2004, 2005) and CE Pro’s High Impact Award for Design Software.