It has been brought to our attention that there has been a recent issue while utilizing Visio and using a cropped PDF background. When printing your Project’s drawing, the PDF would “de-crop” itself and display the entirety of the original PDF.
This is not a D-Tools System Integrator Related issue and Microsoft has been informed of this issue.
While this is not an issue caused by SI or it’s integration with Visio, we have a couple of workarounds to help users get their Projects and Drawings completed and off to the next stage of their processes.
Please see the information below:
If this does not work, please try the following:
- Crop Image
- Copy Image after cropping
- Delete Image
- Use Visio Paste Special to paste image and select the “Picture” option
- Export to PDF now respects the cropping and we can zoom to the image as well in Visio
The “Demonstration Video” below demonstrates the following:
- Crop an image
- Export to PDF – the PDF has a complete image and does not respect cropping
- Copy Cropped Image to Clipboard
- Delete Cropped Image
- Paste Special the Image as a “Picture”
- Export to PDF (cropping is respected)
If you have any questions or issues in regards to this topic, please let us know by going to https://d-tools.com/support_main/ to submit a ticket or join us in our Support Chat within the same page.
Again, this is not a D-Tools System Integrator issue, but we will do our best to assist!